Saturday, September 12, 2009

Still skirting that morning sickness... somehow...

I feel like I have some super powered dog nose. The smells around me are insanely intense and often send me into a very seasick like feeling. Each room in my parents house smells different and the smells are changing so rapidly it's driving my poor sniffer crazy (and more importantly my stomach). The kitchen smells like fried grease or burnt toast or sauces or meats whatever happens to be on the menu. Smells that are enjoyable to me at most times, say the smell of Febreze or a candle, now smell so perfumey and overpowering it makes my eyes water. Heck even the smell of food grosses me out, like baked cheese (and I *love* cheese) or melting butter. Ugh. Oh and the combination of smells is killing me! I innocently sprayed Febreze around my room then brought in some food and it about knocked me over! Every room stinks, bedrooms smell like sleep, the living room smells like candles, perfumes, whatever. The big blast of semi warm, smelly air you get in the face when you open the microwave. The bathroom smells like flowery poo! At random intervals I keep hiding my nose in my shirt, except the other day made the mistake of putting some perfume on and hid my nose right in a flowery burst of "sunshine" lol!!

Right now, the only room I enjoy being in... as weird as it is... is the shop in the backyard. It has that old dusty "stuff" smell, like storage rooms and attics get. It's very plesant and unchanging and I have actually been just sitting in there relaxing when the smells get too overpowering. I hope this doesn't last long because anymore of this is seriously going to send me running to worship the porcelain god. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear... I hate when that happens. I hope the sniffer side passes soon! Love, Auntie xx

    ReplyDelete