Tuesday, September 22, 2009

10 weeks


So, the weekly pregnancy email informed me that I am 10 weeks along today and explained to me why I have to get up two or three times a night to pee! According to them, the baby is now the size of a kumquat, which left me wondering, "what is the size of a kumquat?" and "should I blog first or go pee?" :) So, for those that are wondering the same thing I am (hopefully it's the first question) I have posted a picture of a kumquat. It's pretty small! The email also said really cool things like: nails and hair are forming, limbs can now bend, and from crown to rump the baby is about 1 1/4 inch long. The widget is starting to look more baby and less alien every week as well!

As for me, I've been pretty "normal" for the most part, still no morning sickness, the "smell" thing hasn't eased up and 90% of my favorite meals have been replaced by crackers, cheese, yogurt and fruit. Eating is a hard time of the day for me, it's pretty depressing. Every day I try something I like to see if I can "stomach" it only to find myself dumping or giving it away and heading back to the bland foods. Still haven't had morning sickness, but with Tyler I wasn't sick until trimester 2 and then I was really really really sick and needed medicine and everything. I am hoping that doesn't happen again!

Well, that is pretty much it, I head to Georgia for the family reunion in a week and back home a week after that and I cannot wait!

1 comment:

  1. Shari & Dan,
    That widget is really starting to look like a baby, I didn't realize hair and nails started forming so early, I thought that came in the last month, I figure that was why Dan was bald as a billiard and no eyebrows, he was 28 days early. Maybe you'll be lucky this time and bypass the morning, afternoon and evening sickness. Have a good time at the family reunion and see you in a couple of weeks.
    Mom & Gary

    ReplyDelete