Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The size of a kidney bean?

So I get these little weekly emails about my pregnancy during the week. This week they said the baby is about the size of a kidney bean. Are you kidding me? I actually looked in my mom's cupboard for a kidney bean to compare, but I didn't see any so I compared it to an elbow noodle! If it's that tiny, why are my pants not fitting?? :)

Actually, I'm looking forward to "showing" this time around, when I was pregnant with my son, I was extremely sick and I lost so much weight that I never showed and since I had him at 8 months he never grew that final 9th month when you gain tons of weight. When I returned to work people were shocked that I was even pregnant! So, I kind of missed the annoying strangers coming up and asking how far I was and trying to touch my belly, like you hear so many preggo women complain about. I also only ever owned one pair of maternity pants and a blue maternity shirt. I will never forget rushing out at 8 months to the store to buy them. I didn't need them, I still fit in all my clothing easily heck some of it was big on me! But, since I was pregnant I just had to own *something* maternity! I bought my one outfit, wore it one time and was in the hospital having Tyler.

This time, here I am 8 weeks and I haven't gained a single pound except in my belly and the baby is the size of a kidney bean! So I put my pants on today and they were so uncomfortable and not squeezing... but putting an uncomfortable pressure on my belly so I actually went to the mall and bought a pair of maternity pants! I guess by the end of this pregnancy, I'll have more than a single maternity outfit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment