Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Big Move

So, we spent all day Saturday moving in to our new place in Bayshore. I didn't lift anything heavy, heck I wouldn't have even if I *wasn't* pregnant!! :) We had a lot of help: Lee, Dan, Mike and Chris which equaled 2 pickups, a U-Haul trailer and 3 cars worth. There's no way we could have done it without them, we are so thankful for their help. We still didn't finish everything, it started getting too late and too dark and everyone was so tired. Andrea came and kept me company and also helped setting up things in the new place and making those "important" women decisions such as where to place the couch and tv and which cupboard to store glasses or alcohol in. It was also nice to have someone to converse with (she can't lift anything either because of recent surgery) while the guys did all the heavy stuff. We have the other place until Jan 31st so the remainder of the items we will just bring over in the car and clean throughout the rest of the month. It was actually a pretty relaxing move for me (I'm sure Dan would disagree for him) because we have a half a month to move out rather than trying to do it all, including cleaning, in one weekend. I think my cat took the move the hardest and is still trying to figure out what this new place with all our stuff in it is. She spent the better part of last night meowing in our faces while we slept until Dan threw her out of the room and closed the door. Of course then she just sat outside the door meowing, but at least it was easier to sleep. She also refused to use the litter box and instead went in the tub... Well, at least it was easy to clean up. She is also very anxious,antsy and always under foot while unpacking. I feel bad for her because she's so confused and can't wait until she settles down these next few days.

As for the baby, I'm excited to be in the new house and get a baby room set up, we are still planning on going with a dinosaur themed room and have been mulling over ideas for how to decorate it. So far, Dan is going to draw big dinos and plants on the wall and Andrea is going to paint them. If anyone has other ideas, please leave comments so we can add them to our decorating list!!

I am now 26 weeks along and the pregnancy email we get says that the baby's ears are very developed and he can hear not only my voice but those I'm conversing with as well. Dan has found amusement in talking to my belly, especially when the baby isn't moving and trying to "wake him up" so he will move around. He also discovered if he lightly tickles my belly over the top of the baby then the baby will kick his fingers over and over again even when he moves to another spot. I said he's probably irritating the baby! Nevertheless, it's very cute.

Well, I can't go in the sauna or hot tub until after the baby is born, so I'm thinking I may go take a swim in the indoor pool later on. That is if my bathing suit will still fit me! Hope everyone has a wonderful week :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you that the move is mostly over. Swimming will be good and relaxing, provided the suit fits!

    You should get a recording of Tyler talking or singing so you can play it for the baby and he'll recognize Tyler's voice.

    So, you'll be needing a crib now, since the big recall? What are the companies doing for those who just bought new cribs? Buy-backs?

    Keep happy and healthy! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete