Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New years adventures and the visit with the doc

Our New Years Eve was fun, we went to a sports bar with Andrea and Mike and it was pretty quiet there. But we watched the Sens and the Junior Hockey games on the big screens there and got (mostly) speedy service because our waitress was probably bored and the bar was probably overstaffed. Going out to bars these days is pretty boring and smelly for me (that overwhelming stale alcohol smell) but Dan has been laying off on the alcohol as well and since it was snowing badly he was driving the 4 of us back to Andrea's and us eventually home.

It was the way home at 3 in the morning that was the adventure. It was very windy and very snowy, and being a holiday, there were no snow plows out and on the way home a gust of wind picked our tiny car up and whipped it in a full circle on the freeway!! It was so scary that I covered my eyes and screamed something about how we are all going to die :) Dan, being the calm and rather skilled snow driver he is (and ignoring me) gracefully danced the car in such a way that we ended up remaining on the freeway and even came to a stop in the correct direction in the empty bus lane!! Anyway, after I calmed down, I was extremely impressed and glad to be alive and the car not in the ditch. Dan just laughed about it and kept on driving, to which of course I replied with "how can you laugh about such things???" (He was most likely laughing at me I'm sure...)

Anyway... we had another doctor appt today, one more 4 week wait and then beginning of February my doctor visits go to every two weeks instead of every four. It was pretty routine, the office asks you to take your boots off at the door because of the amount of water/snow being tracked into the office (not uncommon up in this area), so my socks got soaking wet before I could even get to a waiting room chair. The waiting room was empty and I was called in to the nurses station before I could even sit down. The nurse took my blood pressure which was normal for me 122/80, actually my blood pressure has been lower now that I'm pregnant than when I'm not, I told Dan it's because he keeps me so calm :)

So, after that Dan and I went in the room and met with "Dr. Cool." (Who, of course, walked in right as I was rifling through his cabinet drawers and didn't say a word:) He listened to the baby's heart which was 136 said he sounded like a "good, happy baby" then he measured my belly and said I was a tad big for how far along I was but since I've gained only two pounds the entire pregnancy, he wasn't really concerned.

And that's about it, the baby constantly moves, Andrea was the first person (besides Dan of course) to feel the baby kick! We hope that everyone is having a wonderful New Year wherever you are!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you all survived the great ice spin-out! Shari you're just like your grandmother...on our way to Niagara Falls we had a similar thing happen and her reaction was exactly the same! Only we went puff into a snow drift. Auntie and I were just busting up!

    What were you looking for in the doctor's drawers? Cabinet drawers, that is? I usually just sit there bored and waiting, I think I'll have a look next time, too.

    Glad to hear the baby is active! Love to you all, MOM

    ReplyDelete