Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pregnancy Confessions?

So, I was reading an blog/article on a baby website and the posting mother was "confessing" all of her pregnancy nono's that she had committed and asking people to reply with things they had done as well. So, I was scrolling down through the confessions that others responded with and some of them were pretty bad: People that smoke while pregnant, mothers who had drank wine/beer while pregnant (that was actually the majority of the comments), others who refused to take prenatal vitamins due to taste, some who fake pregnancy sicknesses to get out of doing work. Ok, so these mothers stuck to the assignment at hand!

However, there were these mothers... who I imagine are these "perfect" housewife, suburb, snobby, rich, anal people with the anal children and the unhappy husbands... you know the women I'm talking about! Anyway, their "confessions" if you want to call them that, were things like how they dyed their hair while pregnant or had a diet coke while pregnant or used Ceaser salad dressing??

Here's some examples copy and pasted directly from the comments:
Mrs. Anal Amy writes: "Since about 18 weeks along, I’ve had Diet Coke a few times a week. Sometimes I forget and have a couple a day on the weekends but I figure it all evens out."

Seriously?? Clearly a horrible example of a mother here!!

Mrs. Good E Two Shoes says: I drink a Pepsi a day, I can’t kick the habit, I eat lunch meat...

Wow... and I thought I was bad

Mrs. Snobby Sandra claims: "I have a cup of tea every day and at least two cups of decaf coffee a day for the taste"

Oh the horror!

And my favorite...

Ms. I Look Down My Nose At You confesses: "Have had lunch meat on several occasions that I didn’t microwave. Have eaten Caesar dressing (on wraps) a few times.
Have had cravings for french fries and hamburgers and answered those cravings!"


Really?? What a horrible person does she not realize that French Fries are the number one cause of birth defects?? Clearly her baby will arrive with French Fry Syndrome (FFS) a common birth defect seen in babies of mothers who eat french fries!

Ok, all I can do is read those comments and laugh, seriously, just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you have to live in a little unhappy bubble for 9 months. As long as you are happy and generally stress free chances are you'll have a healthy baby... even if you mess up occasionally.

I can't imagine what these women say about us "normal" women... Actually, I feel sorry for these women's husbands.

1 comment:

  1. you should reply:
    Ya uhm... Wait - need to get the needle out of my arm...
    Ok.. uhm... wooo head rush..
    So I do at least two lines of coke a day.. .and if i'm in a particularly bad mood, I'll take a few hits of acid and a shot of heroin ... but - that's all.. nothing too bad right?!

    ReplyDelete