Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Final Stretch

Well, here we are 28 weeks now and officially in the 3rd trimester. I have wanted to begin working on the baby's room but as of right now it seems to be more of a storage room than anything else! So I'm hoping this weekend my very able bodied man of the house will move everything to the basement!!

The weekly email tells us that the baby is now the size of a cabbage... and I don't know... the comparisons of baby to food is starting to really bug me as I get further along! It kind of feels wrong, can't they compare it to a doll or a kitten or a toy or something non edible?? It's weird to me! Here's some other facts I just learned... his hair has started to gain color now and his brain was smooth previously is now, due to rapid growth, is gaining those wrinkles on it. Apparently, the baby is now positioned head down and has very little room to move, unlike the widget that shows the baby floating in circles!

I have been feeling wonderful, went to the doctor yesterday and blood pressure is down still lower than before my pregnancy (126/70). Doc says I have no signs of preeclampsia, the high blood pressure, swelling and protein issue that caused me to have Tyler early, so that made me very happy to hear. I am for some reason highly emotional however... something I thought went away after the first trimester has only seemed to get worse with me and now I find myself crying and getting upset over the tiniest things heck even TV commercials get to me and I'm not a big cryer! Sleeping is also a pain, literally, which, now that I think about it, may be why the increase in my emotional state. I can only sleep on either side and the weight of everything pressing down against my sides causes me to toss and turn all night and to have super sore hips during the day and every day the recliner is starting to look more and more like a better sleeping option! :)

Also, my belly sticks out so far now that when I eat I spill things on my stomach! Those of you that have ever eaten with me know that I am notorious for spilling something (pretty much every meal) on the ol' food catchers!! Now I sit so far back from the table and have and lean over this awkward "bowling ball" that I have to keep my shaky hands steady as the fork makes the journey from my plate to my mouth or more of my dinner will end up on my belly than makes it in my mouth...

I have to go this week to take the gestational diabetes test. It's the one where they have you drink some super sugar drink then sit for an hour and then they draw your blood. So, here's to hoping that test is normal too!

Well, all in all, I'd say these things are pretty minuscule to the problems I had in my other pregnancy and I am happy to accept these in exchange for a healthy and so far very easy pregnancy!

I hope everyone has a great week, wherever you are :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling so well! Here's a suggested solution to the food droppage problem: use your tummy as a table! Just go with it! But be sure to hold the plate so he doesn't kick it off!
    Love you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete