Thursday, October 22, 2009

Permanent Residence Pickles

Well, after about 2 months of continuous paperwork and collecting everything from birth certificates to addresses of where I lived in the past 10 years, we finally sent out the permanent residence paperwork! Actually, it was still missing a few things, we just included letters that they are on the way. For example, my fingerprints from the US FBI. The Immigration website is not at all helpful as it states in some places that you need to send the application with fingerprints and in others states that it's ok to apply without them as long as you send them in later. Well, being that it's several weeks wait to get the fingerprints back from the FBI, we decided to send them in later, only to find out the day we were sending them in that indeed we were supposed to send them in together! So, we rushed out to get my fingerprints done and mailed to the FBI, then figured we'd send the application in anyway along with a letter explaining where the fingerprints were. So, now it's all about waiting...

As far as the pregnancy goes, I am now almost 14 weeks along and none of my old clothes fit me anymore; my pants are too tight and my shirts are too short. I need more maternity clothing. I currently look like I did when I was six months pregnant with Tyler!! As I think I've mentioned before, I wore regular clothing up until I went into the hospital with my first. I've still had no morning sickness, yay! However, I am having food cravings like crazy! I go through almost a jar of pickles every other day!!! :) Other cravings include: raspberries, chinese food and candy (especially sour candy). It's a weird combination. My memory has totally left me as well, something I read was common in 50% of pregnancies! It has left me having to write down *every* appointment including shopping, visiting people, calling someone as well as dr. appts. It also has me asking Dan the same questions over and over again. I think I asked him 3 or 4 times the other day what day it was, then still couldn't remember, I'm sure it's driving him crazy lol. Well, it's one of the least horrible pregnancy "side effects."

Other than that everything has been going well, I had to get on some antibiotics and they gave me the liquid kind (due to my allergy to pills) but it's this disgusting banana flavor... ugh. Three times a day I have to gag that stuff down! Only good thing about it is that the pharmacy included a syringe, so I can literally squirt it down the back of my throat. Anyway, it's nasty, nasty, nasty stuff and I will be so glad when Friday comes around and I can be done with it! My next Dr. appt is in Nov. though if anything interesting happens between now and then, we'll let you all know :) I hope you are all doing well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment