Monday, August 31, 2009

Finally Starting to sink in.

So, it's finally starting to sink in. I'm going to be a dad!

Been pretty crazy thus far, with so many questions to be answered and so many worries. But everything seems to be falling into place. When we first found out, I was pretty excited, but the worries about where it would be born, how we would get coverage - all these things, definitely took some of the steam out of it.

I was calling around like a mad man, calling immigrations, calling embassies, trying to find out a way to make sure that the baby could be born in Canada. Looked into insurance and how that works, found out that they generally only cover a pregnancy up to 6 months if you weren't covered before hand... I was pretty wired up, and further more, losing a lot of weight just due to stress.

As Shari said though, after looking up on google, found out that the thing to do was to call the local MP. Got some assurance from the person I spoke with that they'd see to it that Shari got covered. So, while I still think there is going to be some work involved, I'm a little more comfortable with that situation, so now, I can start feeling happy! :) It's a good feeling, and I really can't wait. I'm looking forward to Shari's return home, I miss her a lot. Especially with all that is going on, makes it that much harder to be away from her, but at least we have the internet! :)

So, now I can relax a bit (not too much though, still lots to do) and let it sink in and start enjoying the ride so to speak :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks good on you son!!!!! Congrats to both of you!!! D&W

    ReplyDelete